A chapel in Oberkleinich is first mentioned in 1560. However, it was much older, as it was already referred to as 'dilapidated' at that time. In 1592, the people of Oberkleinich asked the visitors for assistance in procuring a bell.
The chapel, renovated in 1669 after the Thirty Years' War, was devastated again in 1714, and the bell was also destroyed. In 1716, Mathias Frywald cast the current bell with a diameter of 0.50 meters.
In 1772, the current chapel was built on the site of several predecessor buildings by master mason Johann Boor from Fronhofen, master carpenter Johann Nikolaus Bastian from Horbruch, carpenter Friedrich Cullmann from Trarbach, and blacksmith Adolph Weyrich from Hochscheid. The consecration took place only in 1781. It was to be used for prayer services if necessary.
The chapel is a simple rubble stone building located on a small hill in the middle of the village. It has a three-sided choir closure, a round-arched wooden ceiling, a wooden west gallery, and a four-sided, shingled bell tower with an eight-sided spire.
Temporarily used as a storage space, it was renovated in several stages between 1973 and 1997, including the church benches from the former military church at Hahn Airport. It now serves again for church purposes. Since 2006, the chapel has been used as a meditation chapel for the meditative night prayer.