The foundation stone of the church was laid on May 20, 1743, before the building was finally completed in early 1745. At the time of construction, Berschweiler initially belonged to the parish of Baumholder. The ducal government established the independent parish of Berschweiler only a year after the church was built, with a decision on August 19, 1756.
The Church Berschweiler consists of a nave and a bell tower. The bell tower is attached to the southwest of the nave, which is oriented along a southwest-northeast axis. The slate-covered tower helmet sits atop the bell tower built of natural stone.
In 2023, the church was extensively renovated and restored and was finally put back into service in July 2024.